The Blizzard Authenticator is a physical or software token that adds an extra layer of security to your Battle.net account. When you log in to your account, you will be prompted to enter a code from the Authenticator in addition to your username and password. But now several users are facing “Blizzard Authenticator Not Working” issue.
Users are saying that Authenticator didn’t give them a code when logging into account. And when they are trying to restore from backup, it says “Error, Can’t restore”.
Some members on the Blizzard forums recently mentioned issues with their Blizzard Authenticator not working. So if you’re one of them, Then this article will help you to get rid from this Blizzard Authenticator Not Working problem.
Why is Blizzard Authenticator Not Working?
There are a few reasons why is Blizzard Authenticator Not Working. Some of the most common reasons include.
- Internet Issue – The Authenticator needs to be able to connect to the internet in order to generate codes. If your device is not connected to the internet, you will not be able to get a code.
- Your Authenticator is not Synced with Your Battle.net Account – If your Authenticator is not synced with your account, you will not be able to get a code. To sync your Authenticator, you will need to follow the instructions in the Blizzard Authenticator app.
- Your Authenticator’s Battery is Low – If your Authenticator’s battery is low, it will not be able to generate codes. To check your Authenticator’s battery level, open the app and look at the battery icon in the top right corner.
- Authenticator Configuration issue – If your Authenticator is not configured correctly, you will not be able to get a code. To check your Authenticator’s configuration, open the app and look at the settings.
- Device Compatibility – The Blizzard Authenticator is not supported by all devices. To check if your device is supported, visit the Blizzard Authenticator support page.
- Blizzard Server’s issue – In rare cases, there may be a problem with the Blizzard servers that is preventing the Authenticator from working. If you think this might be the case, you can check the Blizzard status page for updates.
How to Fix “Blizzard Authenticator Not Working” Problem?
If you are experiencing issues with the Blizzard Authenticator Not Working Error, here are some possible ways to fix this Blizzard Authenticator Not Working problem.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and that you have a strong signal. You can do this by opening a web browser and checking if you can load a website.
2. Verify Authenticator Setup
Double check that you have correctly set up the Authenticator on your Blizzard account. Make sure you followed the proper steps, such as linking the physical Authenticator or installing the correct mobile app version.
3. Sync Your Authenticator
If still you’re experiencing Blizzard Authenticator Not Working issue, And if your Authenticator is not synced with your Battle.net account, you will not be able to get a code. To sync your Authenticator, follow the instructions in the Blizzard Authenticator app.
4. Verify Authenticator’s Battery Level
If you are using a physical Authenticator, check the battery level. Replace the battery as instructed by Blizzard if it’s low or dead. For mobile app users, make sure your device has sufficient battery power or is connected to a power source.
5. Restart Your Device
This can often fix minor problems with the Authenticator. To restart your device, hold down the power button until you see the power off slider. Then, slide the power off slider to the right. Once your device has turned off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Authenticator App
This can sometimes fix more serious problems. To uninstall the Authenticator app, open your device’s app store and search for “Blizzard Authenticator”. Tap on the Blizzard Authenticator app and then tap on “Uninstall”. Once the app has been uninstalled, you can reinstall it by searching for “Blizzard Authenticator” in the app store and tapping on “Install”.
7. Contact Blizzard Support
If the above steps do not resolve the Blizzard Authenticator Not Working issue, it is recommended to reach out to Blizzard Support for further assistance. They have dedicated support staff who can provide specific troubleshooting steps and help you resolve any problems with the Authenticator. Provide them with detailed information about the issue you’re facing and any error messages you encounter.
Conclusion – Friends, you have got this “Blizzard Authenticator Not Working” How was the article? Do tell us by commenting below. And if you like this post, please share it as much as possible.