WhatsApp works in Dubai (UAE), but its voice and video calling features are blocked. This is because the UAE government restricts the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services like WhatsApp. Now, a huge number of WhatsApp users from Dubai (UAE) are reporting that WhatsApp not working in Dubai today.
As we know VoIP is blocked in UAE. However, you can still use WhatsApp‘s texting features in the UAE, including sending and receiving text messages, photos, videos, and voice notes.
On Reddit, some users are discussing the “WhatsApp web and Whatsapp app not working in Dubai” topic. So if you’re also curious to know about this question, read this article until the end.
Why is WhatsApp Not Working in UAE Today?
There are a few reasons why you might be facing WhatsApp not working in UAE problem. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Your internet connection is unstable or slow – WhatsApp needs a reliable internet connection to work properly. If your connection is spotty or slow, you may have trouble sending and receiving messages.
- You have an outdated version of the WhatsApp app – WhatsApp regularly releases new updates with bug fixes and improvements. If you’re using an older version of the app, it may not work properly.
- There is a problem with the WhatsApp servers – Sometimes, WhatsApp servers go down or experience other problems. This can cause the app to stop working for everyone, even if you have a good internet connection and an up-to-date version of the app.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Working in UAE (Dubai) Today?
If you are experiencing issues with the WhatsApp not working in Dubai, here are some possible ways to fix this WhatsApp Not Working in UAE problem.
1. Check your internet connection
Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem. If you’re using cellular data, try switching to Wi-Fi or vice versa.
2. Restart your phone
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches. In If you’re using WhatsApp on your Android phone, iPhone or iPad, please try to restart your device once.
3. Update your WhatsApp app
Sometimes, an outdated app causes issues. WhatsApp regularly releases new updates with bug fixes and improvements, so make sure you’re using the updated WhatsApp app on your device.
4. Clear WhatsApp’s cache and data
If still WhatsApp not working in UAE, sometimes old WhatsApp cache data causes issues. So you need to clear app data. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data. This will delete all of WhatsApp’s temporary files, which may be causing the problem.
5. Try using a VPN
A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and routes it through a server in another country, where WhatsApp calling and video calling is not blocked. However, be aware that using a VPN in the UAE is illegal, so use it at your own risk.
If you’ve tried all of the above and WhatsApp is still not working, it’s possible that there is a problem with the WhatsApp servers. In this case, there’s not much you can do but wait for the problem to be resolved.
So friends, how did you like this “WhatsApp Not Working in UAE (Dubai)” article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.