Google’s Android 14 Beta 2 is here.Google introduced New features for Android 14 at Google i/O 2023. Now, shortly after today’s main I/O 2023 keynote, Google rolled out Android 14 Beta 2 for the Pixel devices as well as Nothing, OnePlus, Lenovo, Oppo, Vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, and Tecno.
If you’re currently enrolled in the Android Beta Program, you will automatically get offered an over-the-air (OTA) update to Android 14 Beta 2. Eligible devices include Pixel 4a 5G, 5, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, 6a, 7, 7 Pro series devices.
According to Google, Google’s Android 14 Beta 2 also restricts the ability to show full screen intent notifications for apps by default, except for calling and alarm apps. Data safety notifications and related information will be more visible on a device with Android 14 Beta 2.
What’s new in Google’s Android 14 Beta 2
- Add support for built-in and custom predictive back animations
- Secure full-screen Intent notifications
- Data safety information is more visible
Bug Fixes and Other Resolves issues
- Fixed a platform stability issue that could cause the UI to lag or freeze, apps to crash, or the device to crash.
- Fixed an issue with the fingerprint sensor that prevented new fingerprints from being added for Fingerprint Unlock in some cases.
- Fixed issues with UPI and biometrics that could cause some apps to not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where a device couldn’t be unlocked using a fingerprint after tapping a notification or choosing a notification action on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue on some devices that caused sound to play through the speakers instead of the headphones that were connected.
- Fixed an issue that caused icons on the home screen to appear almost invisible.
- Fixed issues with gesture navigation that occurred when using a custom launcher:
- The Home screen content wouldn’t display, and the animation would fail to render when swiping up to go Home.
- The list of recently used apps couldn’t be accessed using the normal gesture.
- Fixed issues that prevented users from interacting with notifications in the notification shade.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a device to crash after finishing audio or video calls.
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue where, after entering and exiting picture-in-picture mode, the screen flickered when any apps were launched.
- Fixed an issue where user restrictions set by DPC admins were not being enforced in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where, after taking pictures with the Google Camera app, opening the latest picture from the thumbnail in the app briefly displayed a green-colored shade over the image.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the battery percentage to be displayed as 0% after a device reboot regardless of the actual charge level of the device.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a device to crash, and then when the device rebooted any wallpapers that were selected before the reboot were reset.
- Fixed issues that prevented the Better Bug app from uploading bug reports.
- Fixed issues that caused the back-to-home gesture to stop working.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the system Settings app to crash repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from searching within the system Settings app.
- Fixed issues that sometimes caused null pointer exceptions for input method editors (IMEs).
- Fixed an issue that sometimes increased system-wide memory usage unnecessarily.
- Fixed system issues that could sometimes cause deadlocks.
Meanwhile, Google also announced that it has expanded Google’s Android 14 Beta 2 access to smartphones from other manufacturers including Nothing, OnePlus, Lenovo, Oppo, Vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, and Tecno.
|Nothing||Nothing Phone 1||Download|
|Oppo||Oppo Find N2 Flip||Download|
|Vivo||Vivo X90 Pro||Download|
|Realme||Realme GT 2 Pro||Download|
|Xiaomi||Xiaomi 13 Pro||Download|
The second beta of Android 14 is available in the form of software version UPB2.230407.014.
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA