MacBook is a line of laptops produced by Apple Inc. The MacBook line includes various models, such as the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and MacBook. and A MacBook charger is a power adapter used to charge the battery of a MacBook laptop. But now many MacBook users are reporting that they’re facing “MacBook Charger Not Working” issue.
What is MacBook Charger / Adapter?
A MacBook charger is a power adapter used to charge the battery of a MacBook laptop. It connects to the MacBook through a cable and to a power outlet for electrical power. The charger converts AC power from the outlet into DC power, which is used to charge the battery and power the laptop.
MacBook chargers come in various wattages, depending on the model of the MacBook, and it’s important to use the correct charger for your laptop to ensure optimal charging and performance.
Also Read : How to Record Audio on MacBook?
Why is My MacBook Charger Not Working Properly?
There can be several reasons why your MacBook charger is not working, including:
- Damaged cable: The cable connecting the charger to your MacBook can become damaged over time, which can interfere with the charging process. Check for any visible signs of damage, such as fraying or bending, and consider replacing the cable if necessary.
- Loose connection: The charger may not be securely connected to your MacBook or to the power outlet. Make sure the connection is snug to ensure a proper charge.
- Outdated firmware: Outdated firmware on your MacBook can cause issues with charging. Make sure you have the latest firmware updates installed.
- System Management Controller (SMC) issues: The SMC is responsible for managing several hardware functions on your MacBook, including charging. If there is an issue with the SMC, it can interfere with the charging process.
- Power outlet issues: If the issue is with the power outlet, plugging the charger into a different outlet may resolve the issue.
- Defective charger: If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that the charger itself is defective. Consider purchasing a replacement charger.
Also Read : 5 Ways To Fix ‘Ask To Buy Not Working’ on iPhone & iPad
MacBook Charger Not Working! Here’s How to Fix?
If your MacBook charger is not working, there are several steps you can try to resolve the issue:
1. Check the charger and cable
Make sure the charger and cable are securely connected and free of any damage, such as fraying or bends.
2. Try a different outlet
Sometimes, the issue can be with the outlet you’re using. Try plugging the charger into a different outlet to see if that resolves the issue.
3. Check for firmware updates
Make sure your MacBook has the latest firmware updates, which can resolve issues with charging.
4. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC)
The SMC is responsible for managing several hardware functions on your MacBook, including charging. You can reset the SMC to see if that resolves the issue. The steps to reset the SMC vary depending on the model of your MacBook.
5. Replace the charger
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that the charger is defective. Consider purchasing a replacement charger.
Also Read : How to Turn Off Japanese iPhone Shutter Sound?
Conclusion – Friends, how did you like this “MacBook Charger Not Working” article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.
Join Telegram, If You Like This Article Follow Us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe Our YouTube Channel. We Will Keep Bringing You Such Updates.