WhatsApp’s New Chat Lock Feature : WhatsApp has unveiled a brand-new feature called “Chat Lock” for for its Android and iOS versions. that will allow users to protect their most private conversations with a password or biometric authentication such as a fingerprint.
When a conversation is locked, the sender’s name and the message’s content are concealed from notifications and the chat is transferred to a different folder. The Lock folder will also be out of public view, requiring users to pull down on the main chat menu in order to reveal and access it.
How to use Chat Lock feature on WhatsApp?
- Download or update WhatsApp.
- Go to the chat you want to lock.
- Tap chat info > Chat lock.
- Enter a password or use your fingerprint to lock the chat.
- Tap View to see the chat in the Locked chats folder.
Once you enable Chat Lock, all the messages in the chat will be hidden until you unlock it.