Google Drive is a cloud-based storage and collaboration platform developed by Google. With Google Drive, you can store and share files, documents, photos, and other digital content with others on the internet. But now plenty of Google drive users are facing “Google Drive Sort By Name Not Working” issue on their account.
Some Google drive users are reporting on Reddit & Twitter “google drive sort by last modified not working” issue also. So now i thought, why we not write a Solution article for all Google drive users?
Read Now – How to Use Snapchat Filters on Discord
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage and collaboration platform developed by Google. It allows users to access their stored files from any device with an internet connection, and offers a suite of office tools, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, which allow users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Google Drive provides users with free storage up to 15 GB, with the option to purchase additional storage if needed. The platform can be accessed through a web browser or the Google Drive app on mobile devices, which allows users to easily upload, download, and share files from anywhere.
Why is Google Drive Sort By Name Not Working?
If Google Drive sort by name not working, there could be a few reasons for this:
- You may have selected the wrong sorting option: Check to make sure that you have selected “Sort by Name” as the sorting option. If you have accidentally selected a different sorting option, such as “Sort by Date Modified,” your files and folders may appear out of order.
- Your Google Drive account may be experiencing issues: Sometimes, Google Drive may experience technical issues that can affect the sorting of your files and folders. If this is the case, try refreshing your browser or checking the G Suite Status Dashboard to see if there are any known issues.
- Your browser cache may be causing issues: Your browser’s cache can sometimes cause issues with Google Drive’s sorting feature. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies to see if this fixes the issue.
- Your internet connection may be slow or unstable: A slow or unstable internet connection can cause issues with Google Drive’s sorting feature. Check your internet connection and try again when the connection is stronger.
How to Fix Google Drive Sort By Name Not Working / Not Showing?
If you are experiencing issues with Google Drive’s “Sort by Name” feature not working, here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
1. Verify you have selected the “Sort by Name” option
Make sure you have selected the “Sort by Name” option in the Google Drive interface. You can do this by clicking on the “Name” column header.
2. Check for any third-party extensions
Third-party extensions can sometimes interfere with the sorting feature in Google Drive. Disable any third-party extensions or add-ons in your browser and try again.
3. Clear your browser cache and cookies
is Google Drive Sort By Name Not Working, Now Clearing your browser cache and cookies can often resolve issues with Google Drive’s sorting feature. Go to your browser settings and find the option to clear the cache and cookies.
4. Refresh the page
Sometimes, a simple page refresh can resolve the issue. Click the refresh button in your browser, or press the F5 key to refresh the page.
5. Try a different browser
If the issue persists, try accessing Google Drive from a different browser to see if the issue is with your current browser.
6. Check for any known issues
Occasionally, Google Drive may experience technical issues that can affect the sorting of files and folders. Check the G Suite Status Dashboard to see if there are any known issues.
Conclusion – Friends, how did you like this “Google Drive Sort By Name Not Working” article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.