The spacebar pause is a keyboard shortcut feature on YouTube that allows you to pause and play a video by simply pressing the spacebar key on your keyboard. But now plenty of YouTube users are facing “YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working” issue.
This YouTube Spacebar Pause feature is very convenient, as it allows you to quickly pause and resume video playback without having to move your mouse to the pause button or control bar.
The spacebar pause feature works when the YouTube video player is in focus, which means that it is the active window or tab in your browser. So in this situation if you’re facing YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working issue, then this article could help you to get rid from this issue.
Why is YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working?
There are several reasons why is the YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working. Some possible causes include.
- Browser issues – The first thing to check is whether the issue is with your browser. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, or try using a different browser to see if the spacebar pause function works there.
- YouTube Settings – YouTube has various settings that can affect how the spacebar pause function works. Make sure the “Play/Pause” keyboard shortcut is enabled in your YouTube settings.
- Keyboard issues – It’s possible that the spacebar itself is not working properly. Try pressing other keys to see if they work, or try using an external keyboard to see if that resolves the issue.
- Operating System issues – If you’re using an older operating system or have not updated your system in a while, it’s possible that the spacebar pause function is not working due to compatibility issues. Try updating your operating system to see if that fixes the problem.
How to Fix “YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working” Problem?
If you are experiencing issues with the YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working, here are some possible ways to fix this YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working problem.
1. Refresh the page
Sometimes, a simple refresh of the page can resolve the issue. Press F5 or the refresh button in your browser to refresh the page.
2. Check Your Keyboard
Make sure that the spacebar key on your keyboard is functioning properly. Try pressing the spacebar in a different application, such as a text editor, to see if it works there.
3. Clear Cache and Cookies
If still you’re experiencing YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working issue, Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can sometimes help to resolve the issue. Go to your browser settings, find the option to clear browsing data, and select the options to clear cache and cookies.
4. Disable Browser Extensions
Certain browser extensions can interfere with YouTube’s functionality, including the spacebar pause feature. Try disabling all browser extensions and see if the spacebar pause function works.
5. Check YouTube Settings
Make sure that the “Play/Pause” keyboard shortcut is enabled in your YouTube settings. To check this, go to the YouTube website, click on your profile picture in the top right corner, and select “Settings”. Then click on “Keyboard shortcuts” and make sure the “Play/Pause” option is turned on.
6. Try a Different Browser
If the issue persists, try using a different browser to see if the spacebar pause function works there. This can help you determine if the issue is with your browser or with YouTube.
7. Contact YouTube Support
If none of the above steps resolve the YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working issue, contact YouTube support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their technical team.
Conclusion – Friends, how did you like this “YouTube Spacebar Pause Not Working” article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.