For the first time in a couple of months or so, Google’s monthly Android update release is once again on time – It’s the first Monday of a new month, which means it’s time for a fresh new Android Security Update Bulletin.
Google isn’t missing a beat as the company is already starting to roll out the May 2023 security patch for Pixel devices.
The update is currently rolling out to Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G and later models, and after installing it you’ll be on software version TQ2A.230505.002 on all supported handsets
Google’s May 2023 security update for Pixel
On the other hand, patches for the rest of the affected components are contained within builds carrying the 2023-05-05 security patch level.
- Pixel 4a: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 4a (5G): TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 5: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 5a (5G): TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 6: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 6 Pro: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 6a: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 7: TQ2A.230505.002
- Pixel 7 Pro: TQ2A.230505.002
T-Mobile & MVNOs, Google Fi (US)
- Pixel 4a (5G): TQ2A.230505.002.A1
- Pixel 5: TQ2A.230505.002.A1
- Pixel 5a (5G): TQ2A.230505.002.A1
The May 2023 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.
- Improvements for touch screen response in certain conditions *
- Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen UI elements to overlap with home screen launcher interface
Source – 1
Join Telegram, If You Like This Article Follow Us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe Our YouTube Channel. We Will Keep Bringing You Such Updates.