Hotmail is a free email service that was originally founded in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. It also includes features such as spam filtering, virus scanning, and the ability to connect to other email accounts. Now plenty of Hotmail users are facing “Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working” issue?
Why is My Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working?
There can be several reasons why is your Hotmail junk filter not working. Some of the common reasons include:
- Incorrect filter settings: Hotmail’s junk filter settings may not be configured properly, resulting in legitimate emails being sent to the junk folder or junk emails being delivered to your inbox. You can check your filter settings and adjust them if necessary.
- Insufficient data to train the filter: Hotmail’s junk filter uses machine learning algorithms to identify and filter out spam emails. If you have not used Hotmail for a long time or if you have recently switched to Hotmail, the junk filter may not have enough data to properly filter your emails. You can help train the filter by marking emails as “not junk” or “junk” as appropriate.
- Overwhelming volume of emails: If you receive a large volume of emails every day, Hotmail’s junk filter may be overwhelmed and unable to keep up with the volume of incoming messages. In this case, you may need to manually review your junk folder to ensure that important emails are not getting missed.
- Emails not properly formatted: If emails are not properly formatted, Hotmail’s junk filter may not be able to properly classify them as either spam or legitimate emails.
- Technical issues: There may be technical issues with Hotmail’s junk filter system, such as server issues or software bugs, that are causing it to not work properly.
Also Read : Disney+ Hotstar Error MN-1002! Steps to Fix Error
How to Fix “Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working” Problem?
If you’re experiencing issues with Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working properly, here are some steps you can take to try and fix the problem:
1. Check your filter settings
If Your Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working, Make sure that your junk filter settings are configured correctly. You can access these settings by going to the “Settings” menu in Hotmail and selecting “View all Outlook settings” > “Junk email”. From here, you can adjust your filter settings and ensure that your filter is set to “Standard” or “Exclusive” mode.
2. Train the junk filter
If you’re receiving too much spam or legitimate emails are being sent to the junk folder, you can help train the junk filter by marking emails as “not junk” or “junk” as appropriate. This will help the filter learn your preferences and improve its accuracy over time.
Also Read : Best Mobile Number Tracker with Google Map
3. Clear your junk folder
If your junk folder is full, it may be preventing the junk filter from working properly. Try clearing out your junk folder and then checking it again to see if the filter is working as expected.
4. Check your email formatting
If Still you’re facing Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working issue, Make sure that your emails are properly formatted and do not contain any suspicious links or attachments. If an email appears to be spam, the junk filter may automatically send it to the junk folder.
5. Disable any third-party email filters
If you are using any third-party email filters, try disabling them to see if they are interfering with Hotmail’s junk filter.
6. Update your browser
If you are accessing Hotmail through a web browser, make sure that your browser is up-to-date. Older versions of browsers may not be fully compatible with Hotmail, which can affect the junk filter.
7. Contact Hotmail support
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can contact Hotmail’s customer support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you determine if there is an issue with your account.
Conclusion – Friends, how did you like this “Hotmail Junk Filter Not Working” article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.
Join Telegram, If You Like This Article Follow Us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe Our YouTube Channel. We Will Keep Bringing You Such Updates.