A Google weather widget is a little visual representation of the weather that you can add to your Android home screen. It shows you the current weather conditions, as well as the forecast for the next few days. Unfortunately, some users are facing “Google Weather Widget Not Working” issue.
Google weather widgets are powered by the Google Weather app, which uses data from a variety of sources to provide accurate and up-to-date weather information.
On Reddit, some users are discussing the “Google weather widget not showing location” topic. So if you’re also a victim of this Google Weather Widget Not Working problem, you should read this article till the end.
Why is Google Weather Widget Not Working on Android?
There are a few reasons why you might be facing Google Weather Widget Not Working Problem. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Internet Connection Problems – The Google Weather widget needs an internet connection to update the weather information. If you don’t have an internet connection, or if your connection is slow or unstable, the widget might not work properly.
- Location Permission Problem – The Google Weather widget needs permission to access your location in order to provide accurate weather information. If you haven’t granted the widget location permission, it won’t be able to work properly.
- Weather Widget Cache issue – The Google Weather widget may store cached data to improve performance. However, this cached data can sometimes become corrupted or outdated, which can cause the widget to malfunction.
- Outdated App version: If you’re using an outdated version of the Google Weather app, the widget may not work properly.
- Software Bug/Glitch – In some cases, a bug in the Google Weather app or Android operating system may cause the widget to malfunction.
How to Fix “Google Weather Widget Not Working” Problem?
If you are experiencing issues with the Google weather widget not updating location, here are some possible ways to fix this Google Weather Widget Not Working problem.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The Google Weather widget needs an internet connection to update the weather information. So if your internet connection is unstable or slow, make sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection.
2. Enable Location Permission for the Widget
The Google Weather widget needs permission to access your location in order to provide accurate weather information. If location is turned off on your Android phone, it won’t show live weather information. To enable location permission for the widget, go to Settings > Apps > Weather > Permissions and make sure that the location permission is enabled.
3. Clear the Widget Cache
If still you’re experiencing Google weather widget not working issue, Sometimes a corrupted or outdated cache of the app can cause the widget issue. You need to clear the widget cache on your phone. To clear the widget cache, go to Settings > Apps > Weather > Storage & cache and tap on Clear cache.
4. Restart Your Device
Restarting your device can often fix minor software glitches. To restart your device, press and hold the power button until the power menu appears. Then, tap on Restart.
5. Update the Google Weather App
Friends, even after restarting the device, if you are facing the problem of the Google Weather Widget not working, So, friends, in such a situation, your Google Weather app can also be an old version. So you should update the Google Weather app.
6. Remove and Re-Add the Widget
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and the widget is still not working, try removing it from your home screen and re-adding it. To do this, tap and hold on the widget and drag it to the Remove icon. Then, tap and hold on an empty space on your home screen and tap on Widgets. Scroll down to find Weather and tap on the widget you want to add.
7. Report the Bug to Google
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and the still Google Weather Widget not working, it’s possible that there is a software bug. You can report the bug to Google so that they can fix it in a future update.
Conclusion – Friends, you have got this “Google Weather Widget Not Working” How was the article? Do tell us by commenting below. And if you like this post, please share it as much as possible.