Finally, HBO Max became Max on May 23, 2023. Max app saving progress is a feature that allows users to resume watching a video where they left off. This is done by saving the user’s progress in the app’s memory or on the device’s storage. But now plenty of Max app users are facing “Max App Not Saving Progress” issue.
Let me tell you that Saving progress feature in Max app is enabled by default. So in this situation if you’re also facing Max App Not Saving Progress in Android or iOS then this article could help you to get rid from this Max App Not Saving Progress problem.
Why is Max App Not Saving Progress?
There can be several reasons why is my Max App Not Saving Progress. Here are some possible causes and troubleshooting steps to consider.
- Slow or Unstable Internet Connection – If your internet connection is slow or unstable, Max app saving progress may not be able to sync your progress across devices.
- Device Storage Issue – If your device’s storage is full, Max app saving progress may not be able to save your progress.
- Corrupted App or Device – If the Max app or your device is corrupted, Max app saving progress may not work properly.
- Battery Optimization – Battery optimization can sometimes interfere with Max app saving progress.
How to Fix “Max App Not Saving Progress” Problem?
If you’re experiencing issues with Max App Not Saving Progress, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the Max App Not Saving Progress problem. Here are some potential solutions.
1. Check your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is crucial for feature to function properly. Make sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection. You can do this by running a speed test on your device.
2. Free Up Some Storage Space
As we know that Max App Saves Progress in the app’s memory or on the device’s storage. If your device’s storage is full, try deleting some unused apps, photos, or videos.
3. Clear the App Cache and Data
If still you’re experiencing Max App Not Saving Progress issue, Clearing the cache and data of the Max app can help resolve the issue, including problems with the Saving Progress. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Max > Storage > Clear Cache.
4. Update the Max App
Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Max app. You can do this by opening the App Store or Google Play Store and searching for “Max” & Tap the “Update” button if there is an update available.
5. Disable Battery Optimization and Data Saver
As mentioned above, battery optimization and data saver can sometimes interfere with the Max app saving progress. To disable these settings, follow the steps above.
- To Disable Battery optimization for the Max App, open the Settings app on your device and search for “Battery Optimization.” Tap on “Battery optimization” and then tap on the Max app. Toggle off the switch next to “Battery optimization”.
- To Disable Data Saver for the Max App, open the Settings app on your device and search for “data saver.” Tap on “Data saver” and then tap on the Max app. Toggle off the switch next to “Data saver”.
6. Disable the “Continue Watching” Setting on your Max account
As mentioned above, the “Continue watching” setting can also sometimes interfere with the Max app saving progress. To disable this setting, open the Max app and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner. Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “Continue watching.” Toggle off the switch next to “Continue watching”.
7. Contact Max Support
If you’ve tried all of the above and still Max App Not Saving Progress, you can contact Max support for help. You can do this by visiting the Max website.
Conclusion – Friends, how did you like this “Max App Not Saving Progress“ article? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, do share the post with your friends.